1. To a pressure cooker, add 2 tsp ghee and 1 tbsp oil.
2. Add all the whole spices ( 1 inch piece cinnamon, 5-6 cloves, 2 cardamoms, 1 star anise and 1 bay leaf) and thinly 2 sliced onions. saute well.
3. Add 2 pieces of ginger, 4 cloves of garlic and 2 green chillies to a mixer jar and grind it to a paste.
4. Once the onions turns golden brown, add the ground paste and mix.
5. Now add 1 chopped tomato and cook.
6. Once the tomato turns soft, add the washed medium sized bunch of methi leaves and cook.
7. Add 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp red chilli powder and saute for few minutes.
8. Add 1 cup washed basmati rice, few mint leaves, 1 ¾ cup of water.
9. Pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.
10. Let it rest for a few minutes until the pressure subsidises.
11. Methi pulao is ready.