1. Firstly, in a large kadai heat oil.
2. Add in 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp urad dal / black gram skinned and 1 tsp chana dal / bengal gram, pinch of hing and few curry leaves. allow to splutter.
3. Furthermore add in 3 tbsp roasted peanuts and saute for a minute.
4. Also add in 1 cup grated raw mango, 2 green chillies slit and ¼ tsp turmeric powder. saute for a minute or till mango shrinks.
5. Now add in 2 cup cooked rice and salt to taste. mix gently without breaking rice grains.
6. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes or till rice absorbs flavours.
7. Furthermore add in 2 tbsp grated coconut and 2 tbsp coriander leaves. mix well.
8. Finally, serve mango rice or mavinakayi chitranna hot or to lunch box.
1. Firstly, adjust the amount of mango based on tanginess.
2. Also to make it more flavourful, use leftover rice.
3. Additionally, add cashews instead of peanuts.
4. Finally, mango rice or mavinakayi chitranna taste great when its spicy and tangy.