1. Take 1 cup of basmati rice. rinse it with water a couple of times
2. Take a pot and add enough water to cook the rice. once the water comes to a boil, add 1/2 tsp of salt. cook the rice till it is 3/4th done. strain the rice and leave it aside.
3. Take a wide pan and add 1.5 tbsp of oil.
4. Add 1 tsp finely chopped garlic, 2 finely chopped green chilies, 1 large onion finely chopped. saute till the onions turn transparent.
5. Add 1 capsicum cut into wedges and 500 gms of mushrooms, cut into thick slices. saute the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
6. Season it with 1/2 tsp of salt and some fresh pepper to taste.
7. Add 2 tsp of vinegar, 2 tsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp schezwan paste.
8. Saute the mushrooms till they are well combined with the sauces.
9. When the mushrooms are cooked well and the gravy is thickened, add the cooked rice and mix well. be careful not to break the rice while mixing.
10. Finally, add spring onion greens and serve the mushroom fried rice hot.