1. Firstly, in small blender take 2 tbsp grated coconut, 3 dried red chilli, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 inch ginger, 1 tsp fennel seeds , 1 tsp cumin seeds and 1 tsp coriander seeds.
2. Add ¼ cup water and blend to smooth paste. masala paste is ready, keep aside.
3. In a cooker heat 2 tbsp ghee and add 1 bay leaf, 1 inch cinnamon, 4 pods cardamom, 1 tsp cumin seeds.
4. Saute on low flame until spices turn aromatic.
5. Further, add ½ sliced onion and saute until onion shrink slightly.
6. Also, add 2 finely chopped tomatoes and saute until it turns soft and mushy.
7. Now add in the prepared masala paste and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Further, add 3 tbsp peas, ½ roughly chopped capsicum, ½ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp garam masala and 1 tsp salt. saute for a minute until spices turn aromatic.
9. Add 2 cups water and get to a boil.
10. Further add 1 cup sona masuri rice, 2 tbsp coriander and mix well. make sure to soak rice for at least 20 minutes.
11. Cover and pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium flame, if you are cooking in kadai, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
12. Finally, enjoy tomato bath with chutney and raita.
1. Firstly, adding masala paste is a must. as it enhances the flavour of bath.
2. Additionally, you can add vegetables of your choice to make it nutritious.
3. Additionally, you can puree the tomato and use. however, i prefer to saute and cook until it turns soft and mushy.
4. Finally, tomato bath recipe tastes great when prepared with short-grain rice.