1. Set a cooker on medium heat, add ghee (1 tbsp), jeera (1 tsp) and sauté it for few minutes. add moong dal / yellow split gram (3/4 cup) and oats (1 cup), mix well. add salt to taste and add water as required, fill water 2 inches above the dal surface.
2. Pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium heat, switch off the flame and let the cooker depressurize naturally to open the lid. stir once after opening the lid. keep aside for mixing it later with the masala.
3. Set a pan on medium heat, add ghee,(1 tsp), jeera (1 tsp) and asafoetida ( 1 tsp), sauté for a while.
4. Add 1/2 cup chopped onions and cook until its soft. add chopped ginger (1 tsp) and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder (1/2 tsp), red chilli powder (1 tbsp) and coriander powder (1 tbsp), mix and cook until tomatoes are mushy.
6. Add water (100 ml), stir and add the veggies. add salt and cook until the veggies are cooked.
7. Add the dal khichdi and mix it with veggie masala, cook it for 5-7 minutes while stirring.
8. Add garam masala (1 tsp) and freshly chopped coriander leaves, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
9. Your healthy yet tasty masala oats khichdi is ready to be served.