1. Firstly, in a large bowl take 1 cup sabudana and soak with enough water for 3 hours. soaking time varies, so make sure to soak only until sabudana turns soft.
2. Drain off the water and rest for 30 minutes, allowing to drain off the water completely.
3. Now take the soaked sabudana in a large bowl.
4. Also, add 2 boiled and mashed potatoes and ½ cup roasted and crushed peanuts.
5. Additionally, add ½ tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 finely chopped chilli, 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves, 1 tsp lemon juice and ½ tsp salt.
6. Mix and mash well with your hand. this is very important, as you will be squeezing off the water present in sabudana. else there are chances for the water present in sabudana to burst while you deep fry.
7. Prepare a soft dough. if you are not able to form a dough then add another boiled potato and mash well.
8. Prepare vada by deep frying or fry in appe pan.
Sabudana vada in appe pan
1. Firstly, heat appe pan and pour ¼ tsp of oil in each mould of appe pan.
2. Prepare small balls from the prepared sabudana mixture.
3. Place it over appe pan.
4. Keeping the flame on low to medium cover and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Flip over once the bottom turns golden brown.
6. Again cover and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Make sure to flip over in between until vada is cooked completely and turns golden brown.
8. Cook for 20 minutes in total, or until sabbaki vada gets cooked completely.
9. Finally, sabudana vada in appe pan is ready to be served.
Deep frying sabudana vada
1. Firstly, prepare small patties from sabudana mixture.
2. Deep fry the patties in hot oil, or preheat and bake at 180 degree celcius for 30 minutes.
3. Fry on medium flame until they turn golden brown flipping in between.
4. Drain off over a kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
5. Finally, serve sabudana vada hot along with masala tea.