1. Firstly, in a large bowl take 2 cups rice flour. make sure to take fine rice flour and not coarse.
2. Add 1 finely chopped onion, 2 tbsp finely chopped dill leaves, 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves and 2 tbsp finely chopped curry leaves.
3. Also add 1 inch grated ginger, 2 finely chopped green chillies, 1 tsp cumin seeds and 1 tsp salt.
4. Squeeze and mix well until onions release all the moisture.
5. Now add ¾ cup water and start to mix the flour.
6. Add more water as required and knead to get a smooth and soft dough without putting much pressure. akki rotti dough is ready. keep aside.
To prepare in banana leaf
7. To prepare akki rotti in banana leaf, grease the banana leaf. if the banana leaf is not tender, heat slightly and then grease with oil.
8. Take a ball sized dough and tap gently to a thin thickness.
9. Make 3 holes on the dough, this will help to roast as we can add oil in the centre.
10. Now flip over to hot tawa and press gently.
11. After a minute, peel the banana leaf gently.
12. Flip over once the base is cooked.
13. Now add oil and roast both sides until it turns slightly golden.
To prepare on tawa
14. Grease the heavy-bottomed tawa with 1 tsp oil.
15. Take ball sized dough and tap gently to a thin thickness.
16. Place the tawa on medium flame.
17. Cook on both sides. add a tsp of oil until it turns golden brown.
18. Finally, enjoy akki rotti with spicy chutney.