1. Wash and soak 2¾ cups parboiled rice and 1/4 cup rice in enough water for atleast 4 hours.
2. Wash and soak 1 cup urad dal / black gram skinned in 3 cups of water for atleast 4 hours.
3. Drain and blend the two rice varieties into a smooth batter by adding sufficient water.
4. Also drain and blend the urad dal / black gram skinned into a smooth batter by adding sufficient water.
5. Transfer both the batters together in a bowl. add salt to taste and mix well.
6. Set it aside to ferment in a warm place for 4-6 hours or overnight depending on the climate.
7. Heat 1 tsp ghee on a non-stick tawa. pour a ladleful of batter, sprinkle onion slices, chopped green chilli, shredded carrots and chopped coriander leaves.
8. Drizzle 1/2 tsp ghee and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. turnover and cook on other side till done.
9. Serve hot with sambhar and coconut chutney.