1. Set a pan on medium heat and add 1 cup rava / semolina. dry roast the rava until the colour changes slightly and the aroma releases.
2. Set a wok on medium heat, add 1 tbsp ghee and 1 tsp oil. add 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp urad dal / black gram skinned and 1 tsp chana dal / bengal gram and sauté for few seconds.
3. Add 1-2 chopped green chillies, 1 inch chopped ginger, 2 tbsp broken cashew nuts, 12-15 curry leaves and 1 medium size chopped onion. sauté until onion is translucent.
4. Add 3.25 cups water, 1 tsp sugar and salt to taste. mix well and bring to a simmer. cover it with a lid to fasten the process of boiling.
5. Add the roasted rava slowly and gradually while stirring continuously. mix well to ensure there are no lumps. keep stirring continuously on medium flame until the water is absorbed completely.
6. Add 1 tbsp ghee. mix well and cook until rava leaves the sides of the pan. switch off the flame and cover it for 3-4 minutes.
7. Finish it by adding 1 tsp lemon juice and freshly chopped coriander leaves. mix well and serve hot. it tastes even better with coconut chutney.