1. Firstly, roast 1 cup vermicelli / semiya in 2 tsp oil till it turns golden brown.
2. Now in a large vessel boil water and add in the roasted vermicelli.
3. Also add in ½ tsp salt and boil for 3 minutes or until semiya turns soft. drain off the water and allow to cool completely.
4. In a kadai heat 3 tsp oil and splutter 1 tsp mustard seeds, ½ tsp urad dal / black gram skinned, 1 tsp chana dal / bengal gram, 1 dried red chilli and few curry leaves.
5. Also, add a handful of peanuts and roast till they turn crunchy on low flame.
6. Now add 1 inch finely chopped ginger and 2 slit green chillies. saute well.
7. Further, add 2 tbsp finely chopped onion and saute slightly.
8. Also add 2 tbsp peas / matar, 2 tbsp finely chopped carrots, 2 tbsp finely chopped capsicum and 2 tbsp finely chopped beans. saute for a minute.
9. Additionally, add ½ tsp turmeric powder and ½ tsp salt. saute for a minute. cover and cook for 2 minutes or till vegetables turn soft.
10. Add in the roasted and boiled vermecelli / semiya and mix gently. do not over mix as semiya will get mashed.
11. Now add 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves and juice of ½ lemon. mix well.
12. Finally, serve semiya upma with hot masala chai for morning breakfast.