1. In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup kodo millet, 2 tbsp urad dal / urad white whole gram, 1 tsp toor dal / split pigeon peas.
2. Wash millet along with the lentils well by rubbing atleast 5 times to get rid of the impurities.
3. Now, soak millet and lentils with 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds / methi seeds for 3 hours.
4. Drain water and grind without adding much water (little water retained after draining is enough) to a smooth paste.
5. Add 1 mashed banana,1 cup naatu sakkarai / country sugar and 1 green cardamom. blend to combine.
6. Transfer to a bowl and set aside for minimum 5 hours.
7. Before making, add 1/4 tsp salt, a pinch baking / cooking soda and mix well.
8. Heat paniyaram pan (appe pan) with ghee or sesame oil and fill with the batter. cook covered for 2 minutes.
9. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes on medium flame. smear with more ghee or oil for crispy results. enjoy hot.