1. Heat 1/2 cup water in a pot. add 1/2 cup jaggery and let it melt. turn off the stove once the jaggery is fully dissolved.
2. To a bowl, add 5 chopped banana pieces. strain the jaggery syrup over the banana pieces and mash them.
3. Add 1/2 tsp cardamom powder, few coconut pieces and mix well.
4. Then add 1 cup wheat flour, 2 tbsp rice flour and mix it together.
5. If you feel the batter is thick, add water gradually and mix well.
6. Heat a paniyaram skillet with some ghee. add the paniyaram batter in small amounts to the skillet.
7. Flip the paniyarams once it is cooked on one side. cook both sides till they turn to a golden brown color.
8. Banana paniyarams are ready to be served.