1. In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup dry roasted sooji / semolina / rava and 1/4 cup curd together with 1/4 cup water. keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
2. After 15-20 minutes, whisk the batter well. add 1 medium size finely chopped onion, 1 finely chopped green chilli, chopped coriander leaves and salt to taste. add about 1-2 tbsp water and mix everything well.
3. Heat a paniyaram pan / appe pan and add few drops of oil inside the holes.
4. Now add 1/4 tsp of eno fruit salt / baking soda to the sooji-onion mixture. mix and immediately pour the batter into holes.
5. Cook on low heat. after about 2 minutes, drizzle few drops of oil on them. when the sides start to leave, flip it over to the other side using a spoon. you can flip 2-3 times and cook until it browns evenly on all the sides.
6. Enjoy with tomato ketchup or any chutney of your choice.
1. We have only added chopped onions to the batter batter, but you may add other veggies like capsicum, peas, carrots and corns.
2. Skip adding green chillies if you are making for children or want to avoid eating spicy. alternatively, you may also add more, if you prefer spicy food.
3. Grate cheese on top and serve.
4. You may season the batter with oregano or any of your favourite seasonings.