1. Firstly, in a large mixing bowl combine 1 cup rava / semolina / sooji, ¾ cup curd and ½ tsp salt. mix well to form a paste without forming any lumps.
2. Further add ½ cup water or as required. mix well to form a thick batter. keep aside.
3. In a kadai heat 2 tsp oil and saute 1 inch grated ginger, 1 finely chopped green chilli and ½ finely chopped onion. saute for a minute or till onions shrink slightly.
4. Transfer the roasted onions into prepared rava batter.
5. Also add 5 chopped curry leaves, 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves and combine well. rest for 20 minutes or untill rava absorbs water.
6. Furthermore add a pinch baking soda just before preparing appe and combine well.
7. Heat paniyaram pan / guliyappa pan / appe pan, add add few drops of oil inside the holes.
8. Now fill the holes with a tbsp of sooji batter in each. cover and simmer for a minute or untill appe gets cooked slightly.
9. Once the base turns golden, flip it over to the other side using a spoon.
10. Simmer further and cook on low heat until it turns golden brown.
11. Finally, serve instant rava paniyaram with tomato chutney or coconut chutney.