1. Firstly, in a large kadai heat ½ tbsp coconut oil and saute 2 cloves, 1 inch cinnamon and 2 green cardamom.
2. Further, add ½ sliced onion and saute till they shrink slightly. do not brown the onions.
3. Also add 5 chopped beans, ½ chopped carrot, ½ cubed potato, 3 tbsp peas / matar, 10 florets of cauliflower, 2 slit green chillies and 1 inch julienned ginger. saute for a minute.
4. Furthermore, add 1 cup water, 1 tsp salt and few curry leaves. mix well.
5. Cover and boil for 5 minutes or till vegetables are half cooked.
6. Now add 2 cups thin coconut milk and mix well. boil for 7 minutes or till vegetables are cooked completely.
7. Turn off the flame and add few curry leaves, ¼ cup thick coconut milk and 1 tsp coconut oil. mix well.
8. Finally, serve kerala style vegetable stew with idiyappam or appam.