1. Firstly, in a large bowl, soak 1 cup of dosa rice / sona masuri rice and 1/2 tsp methi seeds / fenugreek seeds for atleast 5 hours.
2. Further, blend the soaked rice along with 1 cup thin poha / flattened rice adding water as required. blend to slightly coarse paste. this helps to give nice texture to dosa. transfer the batter to a large bowl.
3. Further add 3/4 cup curd. mix well making sure the batter has combined completely. also clean the sides with the spatula.
4. Cover and ferment in a warm place for 8- 12 hours depending on the climate.
5. Additionally add salt to taste. and mix the batter slightly without spoiling the air incorporated in batter.
6. Add water if required to adjust the consistency.
7. Heat the griddle. smear some oil over the tawa and wipe off with a tissue paper. (do not add oil if using non-stick pan)
8. Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it very gently.
9. Then cover the dosa for a minute and cook till the top of dosa is cooked completely in presence of steam.
10. Furthermore, the dosa turns to be full of holes and very soft indicating the batter has well fermented.
11. Finally serve immediately with coconut chutney and sambar.