1. Firstly, in a kadai heat 3 tsp oil, 1 tsp mustard seeds, ½ tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp chana dal / bengal gram, pinch hing / asafoetida and few curry leaves. let them splutter.
2. Now add 1 finely chopped green chilli, 1 inch finely chopped ginger and saute for a minute.
3. Further add 2 tbsp grated carrot, ¼ tsp turmeric powder and saute for 2 minutes.
4. Keeping the flame on low add 1 cup rava and roast well. roast for 5 minutes or until the rava turns aromatic. cool the rava completely and transfer to a bowl.
5. Furthermore, add ¾ cup curd, 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves and ½ tsp salt. mix well forming a thick batter.
6. Now add ½ cup water and mix well forming a smooth batter. rest for 15 minutes or until the rava absorbs water. mix well and add water as required, to form an idli batter consistency batter.
7. Grease the idli plate with oil and place halved cashew nuts in the centre.
8. Just before steaming the idlis add ¼ tsp eno fruit salt and mix well till it turns frothy. alternatively, you can add a pinch of baking soda.
9. Pour the batter immediately into the idli plate. do not rest the batter.
10. Steam the rava idli for 13 minutes on medium flame.
11. Finally, serve instant rava idli with coconut chutney and sambar.